The Ava Ich Asiit Tribal Library is committed to being a vital resource center by providing and promoting access to the resources and services of the library in order to meet the informational, educational and cultural needs of the community.
The library promotes and supports cultural awareness and advocates for the cultural preservation of the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe.
- Story time
- Arts & Crafts
- Annual Art Contest (Coordinated with Boys & Girls Club of Aha Macav)
- After school tutoring
- Brain Box Activities
- Monthly Presentations for Community Awareness
- Alcoholic Anonymous Meetings (Every third Tuesday of the month-Collaborated with Behavioral Health Department)
- Elder Book Mobile
- Summer Reading Program
- Weekly movie & popcorn day
- Computer Lab access
- Multipurpose Room Access (Used for various Meetings, Trainings, Workshops, etc)
The library is open to the public (serves all populations and age groups). However, to have access to the above services you must have a library card issued in your name. Parent must complete the library card application for youth ages 12 and under. Please note: Parental Supervision required for youth under the age of 12 years.
- Health Fair
- National Kids Day
- Mother’s Day Luncheon
- Father’s Day Luncheon
- New Year’s Sobriety Gathering
- Child Abuse Awareness Event
- Red Ribbon Week
- Nightside Youth Basketball
- Mojave Days
- Halloween Carnival
Please note: Events are held throughout the year. Please contact Ava Ich Asiit Tribal Library for current date, time and location of events.