Aha Macav Housing Entity (AMHE) is committed to providing Fort Mojave Tribal Members the opportunity for quality, affordable housing within a safe environment on the Fort Mojave Reservation while promoting economic independence.
AMHE also serves secondly, other Native Americans enrolled in Federally Recognized Tribes and thirdly, descendents of Fort Mojave Tribal members.
The goal is to administer the Housing Program in accordance with NAHASDA rules and regulations with oversight by the AMHE Board of Commissioners and Tribal Council.
- Low Rent Housing Program
The following process is required for all applicants who seek Low Rent Housing through Aha Macav Housing Entity Low Rent Housing Program:
- Complete Housing Application
- Complete Authorization for Release of Information for Background Check for all persons 18 years of age and over listed in the household
- Provide all of the following documents for all persons in the household:
- Income information
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Applicants who receive a negative background check for drug related offenses, assault or physical violence toward another or any gross violation of the FMIT Law and Order Code will be required to wait a two year period from the date of the last offense before being considered for housing
- All elderly and disabled tenants are afforded minimum rent
- All consideration for housing is based on background checks
As Aha Macav Housing Entity is a tenant based service, we offer an “open door” policy to all applicants and tenants.
Please contact Aha Macav Housing Authority for information on events available throughout the year.
4000 ROOSEVELT ROAD
MOHAVE VALLEY, AZ 86440
500 MERRIMAN AVENUE
NEEDLES, CA 92363
Phone & Hours
PHONE: (928) 346-1330
FAX: (928) 346-1612
HOURS: 8AM-5PM; M-F