Job Title: Customer Service Representative Department: Aha Macav Power Service
Reports to: AMPS Manager of Accounting Employment Status: Part Time Hourly
Supervisory Status: No Driving Classification: Valid Driver’s License
Aha Macav Power Service has an immediate opening for two, part-time customer service representatives (one AM shift, one PM shift). Under general supervision by the manager of accounting the CSR will perform a variety of tasks related to the successful operations of Aha Macav Power Service (AMPS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes AMPS’ new customer applications for connection to AMPS’ system as outlined in customer procedure manual.
- Maintain customer information database (CUBIC).
- Processes AMPS and FMTUA bill payments from customer walk in traffic and drop box.
- Processes AMPS bill payments from mail delivery.
- Maintains daily cash drawer according to company protocol.
- Resolve customer billing and service complaints.
- Administer company disconnect/delinquent account policies.
- Establish and maintain payment agreements with delinquent customers.
- Answer phone in professional and courteous manner.
- Assist manager of accounting with appropriate duties as assigned.
- Performs all work while adhering to company safe operating policies and procedures.
- The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this classification. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the CSR position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Must have adequate communication skills to understand oral and/or written instructions.
- Must have the ability to maintain records.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently. Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Individuals in this position must communicate effectively with utility customers both in person and over the telephone; understand pertinent procedures and functions quickly and use good judgement in interpreting and applying them to a variety of circumstances under supervision; operate a personal computer; analyze and evaluate data; make accurate and logical determinations based upon data and interpretive guidelines; maintain accurate records; speak clearly and concisely; simultaneously converse with customers and accurately enter data into a computer.
Minimum education requires a high school graduate (or equivalent). College level course work preferred but not required.
Minimum 1 year customer service experience. Utility customer service experience preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in English speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Must have basic math ability.
Knowledge and experience in Excel, MS Word and Outlook. Utility billing software preferred.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools and Material Utilization:
Computer, multi-line telephone, copy/fax machine, 10 key adding machine, postal/mailing equipment.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must have valid, current driver’s license and be insurable under the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe insurance plan.
Must have a DMV/MVR which reflects five years.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug-Free Policy and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace.
Previous accounting experience preferred but not required.
Work is performed in an office environment utilizing modern office equipment and technology. Work under close technical supervision. Work in progress and completed work is reviewed continuously.
Sitting, standing, occasional lifting. Good hearing and vision are required.
The work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, lift, reach with hands and arms, balance or stoop, talk or hear.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.