A new tribally owned and operated Pre-K- 6th elementary school will open in August 2019. State of the art high quality elementary, with academic and tribal culture and language enrichment. Science and technology instruction will be featured, designed to meet the needs of Fort Mojave Indian students. A brand new state of the art facility, it is located on the Arizona side of the reservation next to the Fort Mojave Wellness Center near the heart of the Arizona Village, so that tribal children can attend a school close to their homes.
Enrolled Fort Mojave Tribal members and first descendant children of enrolled Fort Mojave Tribal members grades Pre-K through sixth grade, will be eligible to enroll beginning February 25, 2019. Registration packets can be picked up at the FMIT Education Department 1599 Plantation Drive, Mohave Valley, AZ 86440 from Deborah or call (928) 346-1121 for arrangements. To enroll your child, please sign up as soon as possible.
- The school will serve Pre-K and Kindergarten children in a Montessori-based program.
- A new tribal owned and operated Pre-K – 6th grade school, not a charter school.
- High quality state certified teachers who are kind and caring, with high expectation for our children.
- A friendly, creative atmosphere where every person is respected.
- Tribal heritage and language is celebrated and enhance the values that sustain us a people.
- School curriculum will follow the Galileo Digital Curriculum Platform, with a student assessment diagnostic system aligned with Arizona State Standards (reading, language arts, and math). Individual student diagnostic assessments will guide teacher instruction and be shared with parents.
- Teaching methods will be based on the educational needs of each child, including individualized study
plans, cooperative learning groups, hands-on projects, and science programs that utilize Makerspace
(robotics and technology). Each child will utilize their own Chromebook and iPad computer.
- Special education services will address individual differences and needs of our students.
- The School will be accredited through AdvanEd, to ensure that it will conduct exceptional instruction.
- A partnership with parents with community events at the school.
- Students will have regular physical education classes at the new Wellness Center next door.
- Bus service will be provided to all students.
- Nutritious breakfast and lunches will be provided to all students at no cost to families.
- All students (3rd through 6th grade) will be encouraged to participate in organized, league sports likevolleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, and soccer.
You are welcome to drop by any time, to visit with Dr. Rick St. Germaine, Interim Principal, across from the Wellness Center during regular business hours. Also, contact Christina Cameron-Otero at the Fort Mojave Education Department at (928) 346-1121.