Summary: The Utility Worker 1 provides primary operations and maintenance services to the wastewater collection and wastewater plant processing system, as well as water systems. Also provides support to the water and wastewater operators as required. Primary focus of this position is to ensure safety, minimize the possibility of wastewater spills, adherence to the ADEQ permits/regulations and promote excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates jetter and pumper truck in support of wastewater operations
- Operates backhoe, crane truck and other power operated equipment as required. Assist in new construction as
- Cleans wastewater collection system on routine basis
- Pumps lift stations and contracted out pumping services as needed
- Assists with monthly meter reading as required
- Assist water and wastewater operators as required
- Maintain daily system records
- Responsible for maintaining FMTUA facility grounds at wastewater plant including weed control and that system components are maintained and painted as necessary
- This position requires scheduled on call status as scheduled by management as well as emergency response situation as they arise
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Experience in performing manual labor, operation of heavy machinery and collection system maintenance
- Proficient in English speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Must have basic math abilities
- Must have basic computer knowledge and familiar with email software
Certificates and licenses:
- Driver’s License and be insurable under the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe insurance plan is required.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for the State of Arizona with a minimum Class B with a tanker endorsement must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Must submit a DMV/MVR printout which reflects five (5) years
- Must obtain a Grade 1 Wastewater Collections or Water Distribution Certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and back ground check
- Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug-Free Policy and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Regularly works outside in all weather conditions. Exposed to all aspects to water and wastewater industry
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Regularly required to use hands to operate; objects, tools, controls and machinery. Required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Applications are available at www.fortmojaveindiantribe.com.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not on exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.