Department: Public Relations
Summary: The Public Relations Department is seeking a positive and task oriented individual to enhance the successful completion of department projects. The Public Relations Support Worker is responsible in assisting the Public Relations Department in effectively communicating and implementing projects of the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe to Tribal Membership and the local community. The Support Worker must possess an ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions; ability to communicate clearly; ability to take direction and learn quickly; ability to get along well with others; ability to use basic computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software; ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; reliability; courtesy; and possess a physical condition commensurate with the event demands of the position. The Public Relations Support Worker shall work under direction of the Director of Public Relations, which may include and/or all of the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Public Relations Director in managing event tasks, information· distribution, and completing components of project
- Maintain the organization, placement, and care of Public Relations props and materials in
- Ability to create and maintain inventory
- Assist with transportation to r elated community events throughout the tristate area and
- Assist the Public Relations Director in managing office tasks: phone calls, receptionist duties and event
- Assist the Public Relations Director with photography shoots; slide show creation, videos, documentaries, and public service
- A willingness to work a demanding schedule that may require unique hours and flexibility during department hosted
- A willingness to remain collimated and dedicated to the completion of tasks in a positive manner.
- A willingness to maintaining a positive attitude and ensure reliability and dependability to completion of team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Ability to lift and load supplies to and from
- Ability to transport supplies to and from event location(s).
- Ability to communicate status updates
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and the proper release of
- Work requires the ability to lift/carry objects routinely as follows:
Objects weighing 35-50 pounds lifted on a regular basis. Mechanical lifting devices (carts, dollies, heavy equipment, etc.) or team lifts should be utilized.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The, work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the ·employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, lift a minimum of 50 lbs., reach with hands and arms, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.