Summary: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The incumbent will be assisting in office administrative duties and other assigned tasks within the Department. The office Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and office support activities for Emergency Management, Public Health preparedness, Environmental Protection and Homeland Security and administrative areas.
- Advanced word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations.
- Must have the following skills: clerical, correspondence, filling, and data imputing.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain an organized filing system within the department.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given task.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office setting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and the public.
- Must be able to use computer, adding machine, scanner, copier, fax machine and multi- line phone.
- Must have proficient computer skills with the following programs: Word, Excel Publisher, Power point plus internet research abilities.
- Maintain equipment inventories.
- Maintain vehicle logs and insure vehicle maintenance schedules and proper fuel readiness for emergency situations.
- Complete other department of Emergency Response Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; Required.
- One year of secretarial/ clerical administration experience including computer skills is preferred.
Certification and Licenses:
- Valid driver license and be insurable under the FMIT’s insurance carrier.
- Current knowledge of the National incident Command System and provide certification at a minimum of ICS100, 200, 700, 800 courses.
Primary functions required sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight to operate office equipment, including use of a computer keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.