Summary: The School Receptionist is the gatekeeper of the Anya itpak Elementary School. He or she greet employees, students, visitors, and parents, answer the telephone and schedule meetings for school officials. Their job is a blend of customer service, clerical, and secretarial work. They handle student appointments, manage some recordkeeping, manage inquiries and requests, and conduct filing responsibilities. They support the administration and staff and facilitate communication throughout the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The core duties of a School Receptionist includes:
- Answer telephone calls, greet visitors and provide information to staff, parents, and students on a variety of topics, including messages, rules, disciplinary measures, and day-to-day operations of the school.
- Within the school, they share information broadly with administrators, teachers, and students’ families through face to face messages, emails, letters, telephone calls, flyers, ensuring that necessary information is properly transmitted.
- Organize school schedule and calendar that is published for staff and students.
- Collect and keep a variety of confidential records, such as: registration and class schedules, bus scheduling and routes, academic transcripts, and parent contact information.
- Performs clerical duties such as copying, faxing, email, sorting mail, and Facebook edits.
- In charge of school daytime activities and meetings calendars.
- Schedule events such as parent-teacher meetings and conferences .
- Order supplies and curriculum materials needed for the classroom.
- Monitor and supervise student and volunteer helpers for tasks around the School.
- Assist with data entry and administrative projects as needed.
- Loves young people, can whole-heartedly engage in working with and for them, and friendly with all school stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of the administrative policies and procedures of the School.
- Comprehensive knowledge of handling front desk activities.
- Excellent telephone etiquette with a pleasant personality.
- In-depth knowledge of record-keeping, accounting, and clerical tasks.
- Possesses outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma and two successful years of college business coursework coupled with job experience in office work.
- Willingness to maintain a high level of competence, exercise discreet judgment and honor confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with and maintain positive working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Compliance with Fort Mojave Indian Tribe drug and alcohol policy.
- Compliance with federal background check.
- Must satisfy health requirements as defined by the Tribe/state/federal program standards for care of children:
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, upon hire.
- Successfully pass a physical exam, upon hire, to meet the physical demands required in the position.
- Successfully pass a tuberculosis test, upon hire.
- Current immunization verification upon hire see attached immunization requirement (see attached immunization requirements Caring for our Children: Health & Safety Performance Standards).
- Project an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude.
- Interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
- Understanding of the relationship of the Anya Iitpak Elementary School to the Fort Mojave Indian community, and values and supports the mission of both.
- Experience, familiarity and the ability to work with the diverse constituencies of Anya Iitpak school.
- A minimum of three years successful elementary teaching experience.
- Licensed in CPR and First Aid.Computer Skills and Business Equipment
- Be able to effectively use a computer, with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Internet Explorer software.
- Be able to operate a fax machine, printer, cutter, shape cutter, digital camera, and laminator.
- Supervises and provides guidance and direction to teaching assistants, aides, parent volunteers, and summer youth workers. Maintains professional knowledge by attending mandatory meetings, professional development workshops, and conferences.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, run, walk for long periods of time, sit, climb or balance, and taste and smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Please review occupational hazard (Caring for Our Children: National Health & Safety Performance Standards).
Anya itpak Elementary School offers: Competitive Wage/Salary; Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits; 401(k) Retirement opportunity; paid sick and personal leave, and paid federal holidays; free breakfast and lunch for all students and employees.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. FMIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.