Department: Senior Site
Summary: Under direction of the Health Director, The Senior Program Coordinator is responsible for (1) coordinating the delivery and serving of daily meals for Tribal Elders in a community setting. (2) the coordinating the delivery and serving of daily meals for Tribal Elders in a community setting, (2) the coordination of social and/or recreational activities for Tribal Elders, and (3) for direct supervision over senior site personnel.
- Responsible for Scheduling of On-Site and Caregiver Personnel.
- Directs, overseas, and supervises delivery and serving of hot meals to site participants based on center allotments.
- Directs oversees, and supervises related support activities, i.e., nutrition education, outreach services, and wellness programs.
- Directs, oversees, and supervises social and recreation activities for Tribal Elders.
- Directs and supervises all center personnel in performance of tasks.
- Prepares, submits, and maintains accurate records and reports related to reimbursement requests, attendance, maintenance and repair, supplies, daily mean counts, daily menus, storeroom issues, vendor ordering, activities, and home-delivered meals.
- Trains and provides technical assistance to volunteers.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Ensures that all food and non-food supplies are stored in a safe, sanitary, and organized manner
- Reviews all kitchen deliveries to ensure that all items delivered meet safety standards
- Ensures cleanliness of all kitchen equipment after every use in the daily operation of the kitchen
- Ensures the maintenance and cleanliness of Senior Site property
- Develops Annual Activities Schedule and Plans Senior Related events in Collaboration with other Tribal Departments.
- Assist Administration in the scheduling for serving at the traditional rights ceremonies
- Coordinates with the Senior Advisory Committee to ensure consistent meeting schedules
- Attends all required trainings and meetings.
- Completes and reviews weekly and monthly activity reports of in-home caregivers
- Works in collaboration with other Tribal Departments to incorporate aspects of Tribal custom and culture to the Senior Program
- High School Diploma, Required
- Some College, Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities or Related Field Preferred
- A minimum of Five (5) years Consistent Management/Supervisory experience Required
- Microsoft Office, Quick Books, understanding of budgeting and travel scheduling Required
- Good Standing in Tribal Community or Willingness to work within Tribal Setting in respect of culture and customs related to the care and treatment of Tribal Elders Required
- Willingness to obtain knowledge of procedures necessary for operation of a large –scale food service; behavioral characteristics including food preferences and eating habits of older adults; basic first aid procedures; and social/recreational needs of the Tribal Elders
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, and personnel management to properly supervise, schedule, train and evaluate staff
- Knowledge of standard program evaluation methods and reporting writing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports on program activities.
- Ability to interpret and apply program policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Certificates and Licenses:
This position requires a Valid Driver License.
Must obtain Health Card within first 90 days upon hire.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 25+ pounds.
Walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items
Job requires ability to stand for long periods of time
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.