To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Tutor is responsible for assisting Native American students in small groups and individually during daily Homework Club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tutors students in Homework Club Program grades Kindergarten through High School
- Documents student progress;
- Supervises students and documents behavioral/disciplinary issues
- Submits required reports to department director;
- Maintains confidentiality in a professional manner;
- Assists staff when needed.
- Works well with others;
- Ability to establish positive rapport with Native American students
- Strong supervision abilities of children;
- Ability to tutor High School level subjects such as English 9, 10, 11 and 12; Government; Biology & Chemistry; and Algebra and Geometry;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Works well in problem solving situations; and
- Some College in the academic areas of Math, English, and Writing is required. Transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. High School Diploma/GED also required.
- Tutoring/Teaching experience required.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPR/First Aid and Food Handlers Card must be obtained within 90 days of hire date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for intermittent or long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.