Department: Health Department
This positon exists in an effort to systematically and efficiently process patients through the appointment process for medical and specialty care. This individual is located at the reception desk and is responsible to appoint patients appropriately and timely and assure that the patient is eligible for care at this facility.
• Answer phones and process calls to the appropriate person or department.
• Initially determine if new patients are eligible for care at this facility by asking appropriate screening questions and conferring with patients registration.
• Schedule requested appointments for internal providers and specialty services.
• Notify patients of rescheduled appointments in the event of provider illness.
• Document the scheduling information in the computer system used for this purpose.
• Verify the patient’s name, address and other demographic information during the scheduling process.
• Greet all patients in a professional and courteous manner.
• Assist patients and their families with internal process of obtaining appropriate medical care and services.
• Monitor patients signing in for appointments, assure they have signed the appropriate form
• Inform patients that are more than 10 minutes late that they will have reschedule or may wait for the next available appointment that day.
• Notify medical records of add on appointments so charts may be obtained. This is done by completing a medical records request form.
• Generate super bills for add on patients and give them patient registration.
• Monitor lobby activity to assure that patient service are completed in a timely manner.
• Interact with nursing and medical staff regarding special needs or potential delays in care.
• Determine which add on and walk in patients may require higher level or triage and obtain that service as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High School
• Able to sit for extended period of time
• Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks in stressful situations
• Good computer and phone skills
• Able to communicate effectively with patients, families and staff
• Good Critical thinking skills that allow for quickness assessment of patient needs
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.