Department: Avi Kwa Ame Farms
Closes: Open Until Filled
Summary: The Farm Laborer will be servicing and repairing farm canal ditches and routine maintenance of the farm. Laborers will work in the fields along with the harvesting crews to repair equipment during harvesting periods throughout the year, as well as working in the shop to assist with repairs. Laborers will be required to work in the elements of all months during the year and most times will be in the farm fields. This position will require manual labor for most, if not all of duties required such as repairing canal breaks, weeding canals, concrete work, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work outdoors in hot conditions.
- Repair canal breaks by use of shovels to replace displaced dirt and mixing concrete to patch and repair sidewalls of canal.
- Attach farm implements such as plows, discs, sprayers, or harvesters to tractors, using bolts and hand tools.
- Operate tractors for routine maintenance of the farm.
- Service farm equipment.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Laborer must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- None required
Certificates and Licenses:
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug-Free Policy and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Bilingual is required (must speak both Spanish and English).
- Regularly works outside in all weather conditions, exposed to desert temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibrations and sharp objects. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Farm laborer is a physically strenuous and demanding job, frequently required to lift, pull and manage heavy equipment and objects.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision and ability to focus.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate; objects, tools, controls and machinery.
Applications are available at http://mojaveindiantribe.com/
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.