Department: Senior Site
Summary: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions: The Driver/Cook will prepare meals daily to ensure proper numbers and portions for congregate and home delivered meals, including planning and adjustments of recipes to address specific numbers of meals are served for a family setting of elderly/eligible clients. Indoor sanitation and indoor/outside maintenance
- Assist in home delivered meals when needed.
- Keep restrooms nice and clean with all dispensers full for daily use.
- Have all vehicles maintenance and updated.
- Keep all vehicles clean.
- Keep walk-in refrigerator clean, mopped and storage clean.
- Ability to communicate with tribal elders, assisting them when needed.
- Clean up the kitchen area: dishes, pots, pans, trays, silverware.
- Assist in general clean-up.
- Proper hygiene and cleanness of job.
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
- Assisting clients in promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Able to perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Coordinator.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years’ experience cooking. Preferred.
- Knowledge of USDA regulations. Preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a current food handler’s certification.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. stand long hours, must be able to get in/out of vehicle to deliver meals. Must have the ability to walk, stand, lift or meet other physical demands.