*Must Submit 5 year DMV report at time of application*
The Driver is responsible for assisting the Education Department Staff by transporting students in a safe, confidential manner in accordance with department policy and perform other tasks listed in essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transports students in accordance with department policies;
- Writes referrals for students who do not comply with rules of transportation;
- Ensures that department vehicles are maintained and in good operation;
- Notifies department vehicles are maintained and in good operation;
- Notifies department director with concerns of repairs of department vehicles;
- Submits required reports to departments director;
- Maintains confidentiality in a professional manner;
- Assist staff when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works well with others;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Works well in problem solving Situations; and
- Safely operates equipment.
High School Graduate or GED equivalent
Driving Experience preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe. CPR/First Aid must be obtained within 90 days of hire date. Applicants for this position must submit a DMV/MVR printout which reflects five (5) Years at the time of application.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for intermittent or long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs