Department: Senior Nutrition
Summary: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions: The Cook/Maintenance Aide will prepare meals daily to ensure proper numbers and portions for congregate and home delivered meals, including planning and adjustments of recipes to address specific numbers of meals are served for a family setting of elderly/eligible clients. Indoor sanitation and indoor/outside maintenance.
• Assist in home delivered meals when needed.
• Keep restrooms nice and clean with all dispensers full for daily use.
• Keep walk-in refrigerator clean, mopped and storage clean.
• Ability to communicate with Tribal Elders, assisting them when needed.
• Assist in menu planning sessions to develop a daily nutritionally balanced meal.
• Clean up the kitchen area: dishes, pots & pans, trays, silverware, cups that need washing.
• Assist in general clean-up.
• Able to attend training sessions at any given time. Travel as needed for program.
• Assist daily in checking and assuring kitchen equipment is functioning properly.
• Set tables with proper placements and other items needed for the meal.
• Proper hygiene and cleanness of job.
• Able to perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Coordinator.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have five (5) years’ experience cooking.
• Must have knowledge of USDA regulations.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have a current food handler’s certification.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs., stand long hours, must be able to get in/out of vehicle to deliver meals.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.