Summary: The Maintenance secretary will be responsible for the day to day operation and provide clerical services for the efficient operation of the Maintenance Department. These duties include maintenance matters, i.e., work orders (routine, emergency, preventative, inspection); maintenance inventory; preparing procurement documents for approval; communicating with vendors and staff verbally and in writing; maintaining a filing system; daily work order follow-up and organizing the Maintenance Supervisor’s documents and correspondence. As AMHE is committed to provide excellent service to our tenants and vendors, nothing less than excellent customer service skills will be acceptable. Confidentiality is a major requirement of this job position and a confidentiality form will be required for the successful applicant. The information that will be received in some instances, deals with tenant’s personal lives and information and breach of confidentiality will not be tolerated. All responsibilities and qualifications listed on the job description will be required. All applicants must be able to pass a background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will be responsible for day-to-day work orders and inputting, and closing out work orders into the AMHE tenant software.
- Will be responsible to coordinate maintenance supply inventory of warehouse with assistance from maintenance staff and comptroller as well as maintain data entry of maintenance purchases.
- Will be responsible for filing and organizing all maintenance supervisor’s documents and correspondence for each unit in AMHE’s inventory stock.
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and at times the Lead Maintenance Worker.
- Able to take direction from Executive Director and at times the Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Able to coordinate and track all procurement deadlines.
- Able to gather and compare on-line pricing for procurement purposes.
- Able to properly complete procurement forms.
- Schedule all housing programs such as: preventative maintenance, inspections, rehabilitation, and modernization.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors in a professional manner for contracting services.
- Maintain and keep all documentation and contacts organized.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to comprehend policies and apply them accordingly.
- At all times give excellent customer service.
- All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Competency: Must have basic office skills, strong computer skills is a plus. Must be able to read basic instructions and possess basic logic/reasoning. Willing to be a team player. Willingness to work on your own. Take the initiative to learn other areas of the maintenance department.
Qualifications: Must have one (1) year of office experience. Must have one (1) year of customer service experience. Must possess a high school diploma or GED (General Equivalent Diploma). Good writing skills for correspondence, flyers, etc. Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable under the FMIT vehicle insurance plan.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma
- Must be able to communicate with staff, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to reason and use logic.
- Strong computer skills are a must and the applicant must be willing to attend training.
- Valid Driver’s license is a mandatory requirement.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement.
- Work in normal business environment. May be required to work in maintenance shed when weather permits.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. The employee may be required to stand for long periods and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.