Department: Aha Macav Housing
Closes: Open Until Filled
Summary: The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Executive Director performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, a team player, professional, excellent communicator and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a moderate paced environment. AMHE is committed to providing excellent service to our tenants, vendors and co-workers, nothing less than excellent customer service skills will be acceptable. The Administrative Assistant will be able to uphold a strict level of confidentiality and exercise discretion. This position will require the successful applicant to become knowledgeable with AMHE’s policies and procedures and grow in all aspects of Housing. All responsibilities and qualifications listed on the job description will be required. All applicants must be able to pass a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Handle front office reception, receive and greet all walk-ins, answers multi-telephone lines. Logs all incoming telephone calls, faxes, and emails and routes to appropriate party. Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Checks mail at US Post Office, logs all incoming/outgoing correspondence. Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence to appropriate department.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Administrative office.
- Work effectively with a small staff in a team-oriented environment. Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele.
- Strong calendaring, organizational, document management, minor project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- May at times make travel arrangements and training registration for all employees that include the Board of Commissioners.
- Will be responsible to prioritize and coordinate assigned duties or tasks of the Executive Director.
- Able to Maintain and organize files.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards in assisting in meeting multiple deadlines.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies on a quarterly basis.
- Adhere to FMIT’s Personnel Policies and Procedures and apply accordingly.
- And all other duties as assigned.
- May attend Board of Commissioner monthly meetings.
Qualifications: Minimum of 1 year of experience as an Administrative Assistant, Secretary or similar role; exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgement, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality; good writing and verbal communication and organizational skills; excellent listening skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; positive attitude and excellent problem solving skills.
Education/Experience: Must possess a high school diploma or general equivalent diploma; higher education is a plus but not mandatory.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to reason and use logic.
Computer Skills: Type at least 35 wpm with advanced Microsoft Office skills, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
Office Equipment: Must be able to operate fax, printer, scanner, multi-line telephone, copier machine, desk computer and laptop computer.
Licenses: Valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement and be insurable under the FMIT vehicle insurance plan.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise other tribal temporary workers.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. The employee may be required to stand for long periods and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.