Department: Boys & Girls Club
Closes: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Unit Director, the Activity Leader helps in all areas as assigned and helps plan, implement, supervise and evaluate all programs and activities provided in the Boys & Girls Club of Aha Macav. Activities take place at all sites for youth such as: Cadet Hall, Plebe Hall, Teen Center, Gymnasium. Daily completes cleaning duties maintain sanitary and safe environments for the children’s use. The individuals selected for this position must be at least EIGHTEEN (18) years or older. Additionally, works in other areas as assigned by CPO, or Unit Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote safety of members; qualify in programs, and appearance of the facilities at all times.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Promote and stimulate program participation, welcome new members and participate in their orientation process.
- Participate in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Assists staff in promoting programs of health education, proper conditioning, personal hygiene, physical fitness, intramural team sports, and sports clinics.
- Prepare required reports concerning activities, attendance, and other records as requested.
- Promote interest and participation in all activities.
- Keep the physical education area clean on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain close daily contact with club staff, club members, supervisor and volunteers to receive and provide information, discuss issues, and understand guidelines/instruction.
- Also, other duties as assigned and be ready to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth in the area of health and physical education
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Attend and complete Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s youth development training
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications, willing to work toward
- Obtain Food Handlers Card
- High School Diploma, GED or working towards obtaining
- Experience in working with children
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior issues
- Drivers License preferred, or working toward obtaining
Able to communicate, read and write effectively with youth, parents, staff and general public.
Minimal computer skills to use Microsoft Word, Print Master, and other creative media productions, etc.
Certificates and Licenses:
Child Development certifications, and Boys & Girls Clubs of America trainings, willing to work toward.
Supervise youth in areas of interest in safe and fun environment.
Able to lift equipment with the assistance of other staff, such as tables, chairs when completing daily cleaning duties.
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and pass thorough background screening conducted every two (2) years.