Anya Itpak Elementary
Summary: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions:
Position Overview: A teacher assistant provides support to the lead teacher. Teacher assistants reinforce lessons by tutoring individual students or small groups. Their duties include co-creating lesson plans, documenting progress, and overseeing lesson preparations.
We are currently looking for a friendly and competent teacher assistant to join our team. If you are a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education, we urge you to apply! In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, developing lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness.
The successful candidate must enjoy working with children and be devoted to building a nurturing and safe learning environment. To excel in this role, you must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of classroom activities and teaching methods.
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Help lead teachers create lesson plans.
- Comply with school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or relevant field is preferred.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
Certificates and Licenses:
Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.